Pull 1019

Namespace rswhite4 at googlemail.com
Thu Jan 24 05:51:26 PST 2013

On Thursday, 24 January 2013 at 13:42:36 UTC, Namespace wrote:
> Thanks for your answer. That explains my question.
> I would love to see an official statement about this pull and
> this feature. But neither in the related threads or here in
> "learn" I get such statement. That is very sad because this
> feature is very important and long discussed.

And I must add: I read so often that Walter does not like to
break existing code.
But with dmd 2.061 structs aren't lvalues anymore (that was a
correct decision) but "auto ref" (which would solve the problem
and prevent breaking existing code) wasn't merged and it seems
that this feature isn't that relevant if I look on the merge
history.
That a bit weird to me.