Coping files and folders

Jay Norwood jayn at prismnet.com
Thu Jan 24 21:30:10 PST 2013

On Thursday, 24 January 2013 at 07:41:23 UTC, Jacob Carlborg
wrote:

> Someone posted code in these newsgroups of a parallel
> implementation of copy and remove.

I posted a parallel implementation a while back, and also put it
on github.

The parallel trick is to create the folder structure first, then
populate the folders with the files.  Best for ssd drives.

I also wrote a copy version that orders file sequence on disk
efficiently, using write through, and posted it.  This speeds up
any subsequent file system operations done in the directory order
as if you have done a defrag. Great for hard drives, but not
needed for ssd.

https://github.com/jnorwood