Tutorial on how to build DMD/druntime/phobos and docs from source?

Philippe Sigaud philippe.sigaud at gmail.com
Thu Jan 31 10:17:40 PST 2013

On Thu, Jan 31, 2013 at 6:47 PM, Joseph Rushton Wakeling
<joseph.wakeling at webdrake.net> wrote:
> On 01/31/2013 05:58 PM, Philippe Sigaud wrote:
>>
>> Could you please update the wiki accordingly?  (If you don't have an
>> account, it takes 5 secs to get one, I did that a few weks ago)
>

> Yea, I've been slow about getting active on the Wiki, apologies for that.

It was just that I had no easy access to a connection :)

> I've updated the page to include the DMD=../dmd/src/dmd option in the
> druntime/Phobos build process, and to add a discussion of how to install dmd
> etc. once it's built.
>
> I also added a link to Alex' blog post. :-)

In fact, I was a bit leery to add it yesterday, because these kinds of
post are very ephemeral. But hey, we can also change the wiki when/if
the post does not represent the current situation.