Variadic template arguments unpacking

TommiT tommitissari at hotmail.com
Sat Jul 6 11:42:44 PDT 2013

On Saturday, 6 July 2013 at 18:26:28 UTC, Artur Skawina wrote:
> This is slicing a local static array and returning that slice,
> which points to the stack and lives only until the lambda
> returns.

Yes, but certainly simple parameter pack expansion shouldn't be
this brittle. I want to be able to write:

foo(getArray(v)[]...); // v is a parameter pack (1, 2, 3)

And be confident in that it gets simply re-written as:

foo(getArray(v[0])[], getArray(v[1])[], getArray(v[2])[]);

It's easy to conceptualise and easy to get it right.