GitHub behind proxy servers among other questions

JohnnyK johnnykinsey at comcast.net
Mon Jul 8 12:37:07 PDT 2013

On Monday, 8 July 2013 at 18:34:33 UTC, Jesse Phillips wrote:
> On Monday, 8 July 2013 at 16:24:53 UTC, JohnnyK wrote:
>
>> It would be nice if GitHUB would change their Downlaod Zip
>> button such that it does a recursive zip to include all the
>> subfolders.
>
> Ehhh, well that is useless. Sorry I couldn't hook you up with a
> solution.

Thanks for all the input.  I found a tool called NTLMAPS at
http://ntlmaps.sourceforge.net/ which allows one to create a pass
through proxy which understands NTLM proxy servers and are able
to connect and forward HTTP requests and return responses so long
story short I can now git clone as I need to NTLMAPS config file
is pretty easy to configure with your proxy authentication
information.  However I did have to change the following
named/value pairs.

from this

LM_PART:1
NT_PART:0

# Highly experimental option. See research.txt for details.
# LM - 06820000
# NT - 05820000
# LM + NT - 07820000
NTLM_FLAGS: 06820000

to this

LM_PART:1
NT_PART:1

# Highly experimental option. See research.txt for details.
# LM - 06820000
# NT - 05820000
# LM + NT - 07820000
NTLM_FLAGS: 07820000

The proxy that I am behind was not happy until I did that.
Anyway it is working now and I hope this post serves to help
others with the same issue.

also note that I had to use http:// in place of git:// in the git
paths and in the case of DWT I had to go to every major folder
and git clone them individually because for some reason git
wanted to use git:// for subsequent requests.  It is strange that
it did not do that for the Win-Res folder just for the others.
So I had to do commands like the following

C:\GITClones>cd dwt

C:\GITClones\dwt>git clone --recursive
http://github.com/d-widget-toolkit/base.g
it
Cloning into 'base'...
remote: Counting objects: 806, done.
Receiving objects: 100% (806/806), 310.62 KiB | 261.00 KiB/s,
done.
Resolving deltas: 100% (402/402), done.

C:\GITClones\dwt>git clone --recursive
http://github.com/d-widget-toolkit/org.ec
lipse.swt.gtk.linux.x86.git
Cloning into 'org.eclipse.swt.gtk.linux.x86'...
remote: Counting objects: 1691, done.
Receiving objects: 100% (1691/1691), 1.71 MiB | 361.00 KiB/s,
done.
Resolving deltas: 100% (951/951), done.

C:\GITClones\dwt>git clone --recursive
http://github.com/d-widget-toolkit/org.ec
lipse.swt.win32.win32.x86.git
Cloning into 'org.eclipse.swt.win32.win32.x86'...

The only other thing I wish git could do is compile it for me so
that I wouldn't have too but until we have HDgit I guess I am
stuck with all this command line busy work.  Thanks again for
every ones time.