Optlink search directory path containing spaces?

Jeremy DeHaan dehaan.jeremiah at gmail.com
Tue Jul 16 03:41:50 PDT 2013

This seems kind of strange to me, but when I go to specify a
search directory for the linker I can't seem to get it to work
for a path that contains spaces.

I tried to put quotes around the switch like I've done for other
switches, but when my program goes to link I get some strange
errors.

If I use something like "-L+C:\Users\Jeremy\Desktop\Search
Directory\" (with the quotes) I get the errors

C:\Users\Jeremy\Desktop\Search.lib

  Warning 2: File Not Found C:\Users\Jeremy\Desktop\Search.lib

Directory.lib

  Warning 2: File Not Found Directory.lib

It seems to do the same thing even without the space in the path
if I leave the quotes around it. The only way I have gotten it to
work is by not using quotes and not having any spaces in the path
to the directory I want to have searched. Am I doing something
wrong?

Jeremy