Need a way to get compressed mangling of a symbol.

QAston qaston at gmail.com
Tue Jul 16 07:58:51 PDT 2013

On Tuesday, 16 July 2013 at 13:58:10 UTC, Adam D. Ruppe wrote:
> The reason I snipped the implementations here is the backend is
> under a more restrictive license so I don't want to get into
> copying that. But with just what I've said here combined with
> guess+check against dmd's output it might be enough to do a
> clean room implementation.

Thank you for the reply!

My current clean room implementation is limited to:

const(char)* mangledSymbol(alias symbol)()
{
     static assert(((symbol.mangleof) ~ "\0").length < 128, "long
names won't be available in a library!");
     return ((symbol.mangleof) ~ "\0").ptr;
}

as it turned out i_didn't_need_that_descriptive_names. I'm
posting it here, so maybe it'll be easier for some people to
follow the currently bumpy road of DLLs in D :)