Source code output

Jacob Carlborg doob at me.com
Wed Jul 17 00:33:52 PDT 2013

On 2013-07-17 05:27, JS wrote:
> With heavy ctfe code generation usage is it possible to have the d
> compiler output the source code after all mixin templates have been
> "used"? This way it is easier to visually check for errors in the
> generated code.
>
> I imagine one could use pragma in a "special way" to do this but I was
> hoping for something more direct.

The Eclipse plugin Descent had a nice compile time view. In general it
showed how the compiler lowers some features to other lower level
features. I.e. "scope" is lowered to try-catch-finally. It also showed
the result of string and template mixins. It was really nice to have.
Too bad the plugin was abandoned. It never got any real support for D2.

--
/Jacob Carlborg