Import all?

monarch_dodra monarchdodra at gmail.com
Wed Jul 17 02:56:59 PDT 2013

On Wednesday, 17 July 2013 at 09:34:58 UTC, JS wrote:
> Is is possible to import all modules using something import
> a.b.*;?
>
> I'd like to partition some modules up into smaller pieces to
> simplify modification(reduce scrolling) but, of course, this
> increases the number of imports drastically.

I *think* that if you use a boost like scheme, you can do it. I'd
look like this:

+
+ a.d
+ a //Dir
+-+ b.d
   + c.d

Where a.d contains:
//----
public import a.b, a.c;
//----

It requries a bit of maintenance though.
It work for me, although I think there are open bugs about this
in regards to conflicting modules/packages.

For example, testing this, it works with dmd, but it fails for me
with rdmd...