stringof alias

JS js.mdnq at gmail.com
Fri Jul 19 02:02:47 PDT 2013

On Friday, 19 July 2013 at 08:08:27 UTC, John Colvin wrote:
> On Friday, 19 July 2013 at 08:02:45 UTC, JS wrote:
>> I have a template
>>
>> template T(alias t)
>> {
>>  pragma(msg, t.stringof);
>>  .... other stuff ...
>> }
>>
>> which I use in a class and pass fields/members to.
>>
>> D complains that t does not have a this.
>>
>> I'd just like to print the literal text that was passed to T.
>> (which I actually do in ctfe) This is so I can have some sort
>> of debug output of what was passed to t.
>
> that error is probably related to what you're passing as t,
> which leads to the obvious question: what sort of things are
> you passing as t?

Yeah, I forgot to add a private local variable and it was
complaining... I didn't realize this because it was working
before I started refactoring stuff.

I guess it would be nice to assert a proper error if t doesn't
exist rather than the error it gave. (I'm suppose to be passing
it a field of a class so it should exist)

Is there any way to test for "existance" of an alias?