concurrency problem with pointers

evilrat evilrat666 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 19 11:07:42 PDT 2013

On Friday, 19 July 2013 at 17:14:10 UTC, Ali Çehreli wrote:
> On 07/19/2013 09:00 AM, evilrat wrote:
>
> > i think this is because GLFWwindow is (pre)defined as struct
> instead alias
> > void :(
>
> Further reduced:
>
> import std.concurrency;
>
> struct S;
>
> void main()
> {
>     receive((S * p){});
> }
>Error....
> Ali

i don't think this is compiler bug, it's just how it works. yet
this is another thing one must remember when writing library -
never use struct predefenitions(or any other forward refs).
so concluding all of this, it is clear this is a derelict library
bug, and that we also need something to allow rewrite defenitions
at least at module level, if nothing like this already exists.