Unwanted conflict

Carl Sturtivant sturtivant at gmail.com
Mon Jul 22 20:42:10 PDT 2013

On Sunday, 21 July 2013 at 18:37:23 UTC, Jonathan M Davis wrote:
> On Sunday, July 21, 2013 16:25:15 Carl Sturtivant wrote:
>> That's too bad, because in the real code this example was
>> derived
>> from I can't have type inference call the right constructor as
>> there are two constructors with the same run-time argument
>> types.
>
> You could use a factory function instead.
>
> - Jonathan M Davis

Yes, and I suppose it's not that awful of a work-around. Only D
invited this nice technique in the interesting situation I am in,
and I like simplicity and elegance, and I like to supply nice
explanations based thereupon. I do hope this gets to work
eventually in a later version. :)

Thanks for the input,

Carl.