Floating point minimum values are positive?

Dicebot public at dicebot.lv
Tue Jul 23 08:05:17 PDT 2013

On Tuesday, 23 July 2013 at 03:14:17 UTC, Ali Çehreli wrote:
> 1) There shouldn't be warnings at all; what we call warnings
> should be errors.
>
> I agree with that completely.

Not really. At least my (and, as far as I understand, Jonathan)
point of view is that warnings should be either error or subject
to static analysis tools. Simply making all warnings errors makes
them unusable as they may prohibit some pretty legitimate code
patterns (though rarely legitimate). There should not be a
warning that can change language semantics depending on compiler
flag.