How to disable the DOS window at the start of my program on D

Mike Parker aldacron at gmail.com
Wed Jul 24 04:21:54 PDT 2013

On Wednesday, 24 July 2013 at 10:20:08 UTC, Leandro Motta Barros
wrote:
> For Win32/OPTLINK, I passed the following flag to dmd in a lil'
> project of mine:
>
>    -L/SUBSYSTEM:WINDOWS:4.0
>
> Worked for me.

Yes, this is the way to do it. But if you're going to specify a
subsystem version number, I believe 5.01 is the version to use
for 32-bit x86 and 5.02 for 64-bit. 4.0 is the subsystem version
for Win9x support. Not that it will hurt anything to use it, and
I don't really know the details of the how it affects the startup
process, but it's recommended to use 5.01 or 5.02 these days.