Insufficient Documentation?

Manfred Nowak svv1999 at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 30 21:05:48 PDT 2013

Jesse Phillips wrote:

>>     Writes its arguments in text format to the file.
> I'm not sure what results you are interest in when searching for
> "arguments in text format."

I expected a closer explanation for the broad explanation "arguments in
text format". If the explanation for `write' would be

  Converts all arguments to strings and catenates those strings to
    `File' in lexical order of appearance of the arguments.

then I still would not search for `object', but for conversion.

> If I search for "convert object to
> string/text" then I get some references to toString or std.conv.

How did you know about "convert object"?

-manfred