Alias/template for value

H. S. Teoh hsteoh at quickfur.ath.cx
Wed Jul 31 10:12:35 PDT 2013

On Wed, Jul 31, 2013 at 06:08:23PM +0200, John Colvin wrote:
> On Wednesday, 31 July 2013 at 12:01:43 UTC, JS wrote:
> >I don't think D's code generation is even close to being as mature
> >as many of the common C++ compilers.
>
> dmd's code generation isn't as good as e.g. gcc/clang/icc
>
> ldc and gdc use the clang and gcc backends respectively and
> therefore, by definition, benefit from the same code generation.

Keep in mind, that the clang and gcc backends have *huge* teams of
developers contributing their expertise to improve the respective
optimizers, whereas there are significantly fewer people working on
dmd's optimizer.  No matter how skill Walter is (and I don't doubt his
skill -- I mean, just look at D), he can only do so much as one person.

Political correctness: socially-sanctioned hypocrisy.