Segfault on simple program?

Ali Çehreli acehreli at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 1 03:11:34 PDT 2013

On 06/01/2013 01:34 AM, Shriramana Sharma wrote:

 > All programs compiled by *DMD* produce a segfault. Programs compiled
 > by GDC work just fine.

It is likely that GDC is from the D1 era.

 > What is this, some sort of incompatibility between compilers?

If one is D1 and the other is current D, it is possible.

 > Like GDC went and told my system "hey look only D programs compiled by me
 > should work"?!

Of courne not intentional like that but clearly there is some
incompatibility there.

 > I couldn't try LDC since they don't have Ubuntu packages

I don't know for sure but neither GDC nor LDC packages that come under
Linux distributions are modern enough.

If so, I would remove GDC and try installing only dmd 2.063 again.

Ali