Exception isn't thrown as expected

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Mon Jun 3 00:39:47 PDT 2013

On Monday, June 03, 2013 14:30:48 Alexandr Druzhinin wrote:
> 03.06.2013 12:26, Ali Çehreli пишет:
> > On 06/02/2013 08:23 PM, Alexandr Druzhinin wrote:
> >  > I found that after calling
> >  > std.concurrency.spawn() template - exceptions stop throwing, but if I
> >  > add little delay in beginning of spawned thread about 100 ms - it'd
> >  > works again and exceptions would be thrown again... :(
> >
> > Is the exception thrown by a child thread? If so, perhaps that is
> > causing the child to terminate. Also, the parent cannot catch a child's
> > exception automatically.
> >
> > Ali
>
> no, the main thread do it. But even if child thread throws an exception,
> should it print some diagnostic message to clear that it crashed or no?
> Because my app just hangs up and nothing more, no message, no
> complaints, nothing.

It would be simple enough to test, but I don't think that anything informs you
of what happened to the child thread. If you try and send a message to it, I
think that you get an exception indicating the the thread terminated
incorrectly, but I'm not sure. You'd have to test it to see exactly what it
does.

- Jonathan M Davis