version(noboundscheck) + friends

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Mon Jun 3 23:25:20 PDT 2013

On Monday, June 03, 2013 23:17:03 Timothee Cour wrote:
> We really should aim to minimize the
> wtfpm<http://davidlongstreet.wordpress.com/2009/04/29/new-software-metric-wt
> fs-per-minute/> for
> future users. I propose:
> * support version(nocheckbounds) with same meaning as version(
> D_NoBoundsChecks)
> * list D_NoBoundsChecks as soft-deprecated. By soft-deprecated I mean list
> it in http://dlang.org/deprecate.html but keep it for now, perhaps
> indefinitely.

Feel free to make an enhancement request: http//d.puremagic.com/issues

And if you can track down which commit added D_NoBoundsChecks, it might even
be easy to figure out how to implement it yourself and submit a pull request.

Given the fact that the entire list version identifiers is one big WTF, and
we're not going to fix the general problem due to the code brekage that it
would cause, I don't see much point in worrying about it, but feel free to try
and get it changed.

- Jonathan M Davis