version(noboundscheck) + friends

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Tue Jun 4 00:44:18 PDT 2013

On Tuesday, June 04, 2013 09:30:07 eles wrote:
> On Tuesday, 4 June 2013 at 07:19:52 UTC, Jonathan M Davis wrote:
> > Walter has been against it every time that it's come up.
>
> Yes, even in the -debug mode. What I fail to see is why. The
> overhead will be there only if asked for, only in debug mode.

This is why I hate the -debug flag. Its name causes too much confusion. _All_
that -debug does or will ever do is enable debug {} blocks. It has _nothing_
to do with release builds vs debug builds other than the fact that odds are
you're going to want to use -debug with debug builds and not release builds.
If integer overflow were enabled for "debug" builds it would be enabled when
-release wasn't use - the same as assertions or when a specific flag was used to
enable it.

- Jonathan m Davis