Is the -property compiler flag broken/bad idea?

Gary Willoughby dev at kalekold.net
Wed Jun 5 11:09:29 PDT 2013

I've been using the -property compiler flag when i compile
programs and thought it was pretty cool but i've recently had a
conversation with someone who has informed me it's broken and a
bad idea.

> Never, ever, ever use -property. Its implementation is totally
> wrong
> and based on a flawed idea to begin with. Using it just breaks
> good
> code and gives nothing in return. From the ng discussions looks
> like
> I'm going to get my way soon and it will be removed and buried
> like it
> deserves. If you remove that, everything else works.

Can someone point me to the discussion on this or quickly fill me
in as to why this is the case. I have no opinion on the subject
as i'm ignorant of this topic.

Thanks.