GtkD not working

Daemon Daemon at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 10 07:51:07 PDT 2013

Hello, I'd appreciate any help.

I downloaded the GtkD sources and built the GtkD.lib using rdmd,
so far so good. I have followed the instructions in "Installing
on Windows" (editing sc.ini and copying contents of the src
folder of GtkD into DMD's src folder, etc.). I also installed the
Gtk 3.8.1 version (x86 and x86-64).

When I tried to compile the simple Hello world type of
application, I got about 7 "undefined symbols" and it refused to
compile. So I poked around and added "GtkD.lib" into the Library
Files section in project settings (I'm using Visual D). Now it
did compile, but I get an exception in KernelBase.dll.

At this point, I just don't know what to do next. Could someone
help, please?

Below is the Hello World GtkD-style application that I tried:

module main;

import std.stdio;

import gtk.Main;
import gtk.MainWindow;

void main(string[] args)
{
	Main.init(args);

	MainWindow window = new MainWindow("A Window");

	window.showAll();
	Main.run();