Mac OS crash, details inside...

Gary Willoughby dev at kalekold.net
Fri Jun 14 02:48:13 PDT 2013

> You do know that you usually don't have a /home/ directory on
> Mac OS X? On Mac OS X it's called /Users/.

Yeah, that was me running the same code on Ubuntu.

> BTW, running that on Mac OS X 10.6.3 does not cause a crash.
> Although it doesn't seem to print or write anything.

That's the problem i can't pin down. It writes the above log file
to /var/log/system.log. other than that there is no feedback at
all, the program just ends without writing to the open file.

It seems to be related to the daemon code as it doesn't happen
when that code is commented out.