GtkD: Best way to get TreeStore out of TreeView.Model

Alex Horvat alexh at gmail.com
Sun Jun 16 19:44:06 PDT 2013

On Sunday, 16 June 2013 at 18:22:47 UTC, Mike Wey wrote:
> On 06/13/2013 06:14 AM, Alex Horvat wrote:

>>> getModel returns an interface, so try the following:
>>>
>>> TreeStore store = cast(TreeStore)cast(void*)tv.getModel();
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Ok, just tried this and after setting store if I call
>> writeln(store) the output is what looks like a memory dump,
>> definitly something wrong there.
>> And the program crashes if I try to use store.
>
> Could you try again with the latest git?
>
> https://github.com/gtkd-developers/GtkD/commit/ab664087b9d354f9cae7e11c17f0b7125dcf8bdd

OK, I pulled the changes and rebuilt gtkd but the error is still
the same.

I tried all the variations in code listed in my first post, plus
the one you suggested with the double cast, but everything failed
in the same ways as before.

On the plus side, nothing new broke - it still works with the
work-around way I've got.

Is there any more info I can supply that would help you?