D style guide

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Mon Jun 17 09:48:33 PDT 2013

On Monday, June 17, 2013 17:13:07 Joseph Rushton Wakeling wrote:
> So, have I missed something in a style guide in a different location, or
> have these rules simply been adopted by custom without making it into
> official guidelines? If the latter, should I make a pull request for the
> website? :-)

What's on the website is correct. Those are all the rules that are required
for Phobos as a whole, and if you were creating a new module, you wouldn't
have had any such issues. The problem is that we try and keep the style within
modules consistent beyond that, and Andrei in particular is very picky about
that with regards to std.algorithm and std.range or any other module that he's
the primary author of. So, things like whether there should be a space after
an if (which I personally hate, but Andrei loves) or whether full-bracing is
required are a per-module thing. Just look at what the module you're editing
is doing with regards to those things when you create a pull request.

- Jonathan M Davis