can we detect at compile time module ctor/dtor cycles ?

bearophile bearophileHUGS at lycos.com
Mon Jun 17 17:11:23 PDT 2013

Andrej Mitrovic:

> No idea, but I've wondered this myself too. After all "imports"
> are a static feature and all are known at compile-time.

rdmd is used often in a situation where it knows all the modules
of a program. So it must be able to detect those cycles. It seems
an enhancement request for rdmd. Maybe a similar enhancement is
possible for dmd, because there are plans to make the D compiler
able to find all the modules it needs to compile a program.

Bye,
bearophile