Tips on making regex more performant?

Dmitry Olshansky dmitry.olsh at gmail.com
Tue Jun 18 14:29:24 PDT 2013

19-Jun-2013 00:34, Jacob Carlborg пишет:
> On 2013-06-18 21:22, Gary Willoughby wrote:
>
>> Thanks. Hmmm.. i get 500K (worse performance) using that. :/
>
> D has basically the fastest regular expression library/module. It's
> faster than V8.

As much as I'm appeased to hear this it's isn't simply "faster then V8".
V8 one is very fast in general case (JIT compiler aids in that) and I
think would come out as winer more often then std.regex.

What is closer to truth is that typically std.regex is within about 5
top well-known engines and it's beats the rest of competition on some
patterns including in certain popular benchmarks such as regex-dna.

For instance it typically obliterates PCRE, infinitely so on Unicode
patterns (I never had patience to let it finish) .

With that being said there are many things to improve in std.regex
speed-wise, sadly I haven't been able to tell about it at DConf.

--
Dmitry Olshansky