Duplicate data between std.c.stdio and core.sys.posix.fcntl

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Wed Jun 19 14:05:40 PDT 2013

On Wednesday, June 19, 2013 22:46:59 bioinfornatics wrote:
> so we should to use O_RDONLY fnrom which module?

Well, for whatever reason, it's in core.stdc.stdio on Windows, so if you're on
Windows, that's what you'd use, whereas on Posix systems, it's in
core.sys.posix.fcntl. I would have _thought_ that core.stdc.* would be the
same across OSes as its _standard_ C, but for whatever reason, it isn't.
Regardless, there's no duplication here on any particular OS, as the
definitions in core.stdc.stdio are specific to Windows, whereas the ones in
core.sys.posix.fcntl are specific to Posix.

- Jonathan M Davis