Ping qznc: Re: A little of coordination for Rosettacode

bearophile bearophileHUGS at lycos.com
Sat Jun 22 12:10:18 PDT 2013

Brian Rogoff:

> The current D code for Dining philosophers does not compile
> with dmd v2.063.2, the error message being
>
> dining.d(34): Error: cannot uniquely infer foreach argument
> types

I try to keep the D entries on Rosettacode updated, but every dmd
release breaks tons of code, and Rosettacode has almost one
thousand D programs (many tasks have two or more D entries, to
show different solutions or different coding style, or to show
code with different tradeoffs, etc), so you find some broken
programs.

I don't know what's changed in taskPool.parallel, I will
investigate later. Or you can investigate yourself if you want.

> BTW, I like the coding style being used in the rosetta examples
> and TDPL much better than the library style.

I try to keep the D code on Rosettacode with a quite uniform
style. It follows the dstyle, the main difference is the opening
brace that's in Egyptian style, but such brace style is required
only in Phobos, while the dstyle does not require the Phobos
style for all D code, it's in "Additional Requirements for
Phobos":
http://dlang.org/dstyle.html

Later,
bearophile