Can call static method with null reference

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Sun Jun 23 13:57:05 PDT 2013

On Sunday, June 23, 2013 13:35:55 monarch_dodra wrote:
> On Sunday, 23 June 2013 at 10:59:06 UTC, Jonathan M Davis wrote:
> > On Sunday, June 23, 2013 12:48:15 monarch_dodra wrote:
> >> C++ doesn't allow it. I don't know about the rest.
> >
> > Yes it does.
> >
> > - Jonathan M Davis
>
> Oh. Wow. That's news to me actually. I thought I new everything
> about C++ ^^

LOL. I know a lot about C++ and _try_ to know it all, but C++ is just way too
complicated for that (at least for me). Even if I learn all of the stray
esoteric stuff, I can't retain it all. There's just too much of it.

With D, I feel like I _might_ be able to do it. I definitely don't know
everything that there is to know about D, and I don't always remember all of
the little details that I learn (plus some of them change over time), but I do
a much better job of remembering it. It doesn't have anywhere near as many
dark corners to it, and so in spite of its complexity, it at least feels like
it could all be understood and remembered by one person (unlike C++). So,
_maybe_ someday I'll be able to claim that I know the D language through and
through, but I'll definitely _never_ be able to claim that with C++.

- Jonathan M Davis