counting words

Brad Anderson eco at gnuk.net
Fri Jun 28 12:44:39 PDT 2013

On Friday, 28 June 2013 at 19:31:22 UTC, monarch_dodra wrote:
> On Friday, 28 June 2013 at 19:13:28 UTC, Brad Anderson wrote:
>>
>> 95 merged phobos pull requests (109 total).  Long overdue, I'd
>> say.  I don't know if there is really a formal process to
>> getting write privileges but if any of the people who decide
>> are reading this I nominate monarch_dodra.
>
> How did you come to that number? Total amount of pulls
> *submitted* ? I count 95 *closed* pull requests, but I think
> only about 50% of them ever made it through? I'm not sure how
> to check though (apart from counting 1 by 1...)
>
> I'm unsure I'd be totally comfortable pulling inside phobos,
> but it *is* true that the queue is just getting longer and
> longer. There are some pulls just sitting there, submitted by
> trusted people (with pull rights), that are validated and
> reviewed, but are just waiting for a puller to do the deed.
> There needs to be a few more reviewers, the ones we have are
> doing a great job, but are overworked.
>
> But I wouldn't want to hijack this thread, nor is learn really
> the place to talk about that.

I counted closed (I assumed most were merged).  Github makes it
hard to glean data from pull requests.

Allow me to share Exhibit B though:
https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/phobos/graphs/contributors?from=2012-06-21&to=2013-06-21&type=c

Second most prolific contributor by commits to phobos over the
last year.

I am nominating you to do extra bureaucratic work though so I'm
kind of being an asshole when you think about it. :P