Windows parameter

shuji cravstar at hotmail.com
Sun Jun 30 13:20:52 PDT 2013

On Sunday, 30 June 2013 at 20:04:12 UTC, Anthony Goins wrote:
> On Sunday, 30 June 2013 at 19:03:13 UTC, shuji wrote:
>> this code is in a .cpp file
>> //funcs.lib
>> //windows includes...
>> HWND hwnd;
>> int setHWND(HWND extHwnd){
>> 	hwnd = extHwnd;
>> 	return 0;
>> }
>>
>> So im trying to import from D like this. I dont think I can
>> implement this line in C++
>> extern (C++) {}
>
> I'm probably the most unqualified person to offer help but are
> you sure you are linking with funcs.lib (assuming setHWND is
> defined there)

yes, i have called other functions in the same file correctly.

PD I can call a function with void* as receiving paremeter:
//main.d
extern (C++) {
	int setHWND(void* ehwnd);
}
//mylib.cpp
int setmyHWND(void* exthwnd){
	hwnd = (HWND)exthwnd;
	return 0;
}
and then cast on C++ to HWND, but I think it would be better to
send the parameter correctly as HWND.