Aliasing specialized template stuct in his module leads troubles

H. S. Teoh hsteoh at quickfur.ath.cx
Fri Mar 1 19:57:59 PST 2013

On Sat, Mar 02, 2013 at 04:17:10AM +0100, Rob T wrote:
> In my case, the problem had to do with the order in which I was
> linking my static libs, simply changing the order resolved the
> undefined references. Turns out it's a common problem when working
> with static libs and it's unrelated to D.
[...]

It's the linker's fault, not any compiler's. Symbols are resolved
according to the order of modules you specify on the command-line, so
order does matter, unfortunately.

IMNSHO this is a silly design -- in this day and age, one would've
expected better algorithms than that for linking -- but that's how it is
right now.

People say I'm indecisive, but I'm not sure about that. -- YHL, CONLANG