Possible to view D strings in gdb?

Samuel Lampa samuel.lampa at gmail.com
Sat Mar 2 15:03:32 PST 2013

On 03/02/2013 11:56 PM, Samuel Lampa wrote:
> On 03/02/2013 11:52 PM, Samuel Lampa wrote:
>> * DMD64 D Compiler v2.061(using flags "-gc")
>
> Ah, never mind!
>
> By giving these details I got myself thinking and read up on the man
> page to use "-g" and not "-gc".
> Problem solved! :)
>
> Very happily debugging D with cgdb now! :)

And even more happy using nemiver! [1]

Provides full D syntax highlighting and ability to view values of both
strings and arrays in the GUI, now that I provided the correct compiler
flag(!). Only downside is that I have to open the source file manually.

Will see if I'll stick mostly with cgdb or nemiver.

// Samuel

[1] http://projects.gnome.org/nemiver/