A little of coordination for Rosettacode

bearophile bearophileHUGS at lycos.com
Mon Mar 4 14:04:29 PST 2013

Now and then this thread becomes very useful for some
coordination and discussion.

Regarding this Task:
http://rosettacode.org/wiki/Take_notes_on_the_command_line#D

Fwend has recently modified it with this note:

>the file only needs to be created before append; filename can be
>written as one word in English, no need for camel case)<

Sorry, I didn't know "filename" a single English word :-)
http://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/business-english/filename?q=filename

Regarding the other problem, the last part of the Task says:

>If NOTES.TXT doesn't already exist in the current directory then
>a new NOTES.TXT file should be created.<

If no text file exists in the directory and I run the current
program with no arguments, it generates no file to me. So I think
the current program is wrong. That's why I added a File(fileName,
"w");. What do you think?

Bye,
bearophile