To lessen the function pointers/delegates distinction

Jakob Ovrum jakobovrum at gmail.com
Tue Mar 5 12:37:12 PST 2013

On Tuesday, 5 March 2013 at 02:36:45 UTC, bearophile wrote:
> I am thinking about one enhancement request, but I am not sure
> if the idea is meaningful, so I show it here first.

The problem here is that the D calling convention for functions
is different from that of delegates for whatever reason, hence an
implicit cast would hide actual work (essentially the work
toDelegate does).

As for an explicit cast, I don't see much value in it over
toDelegate (as long as we can make toDelegate work for all cases
- which is a test of perfect forwarding).

Anyway, I think there has been an enhancement request for this
previously?