rdmd - How to build shared/static libs on Linux

alex info at alexanderbothe.com
Sun Mar 10 11:51:43 PDT 2013

Hi everyone,

As I'm currently about to restructure the project building
routines in Mono-D (http://mono-d.alexanderbothe.com/), I've been
recommended to use rdmd as the primary build tool and not to
invoke dmd etc. manually anymore.

Rdmd seems pretty easy to handle for building executables w/o
having to care about many background things so intensively. But:
While creating executables is ridiculously easy, how does one
build/link modules to .a/.lib/.so files?
Should I put in a -c flag for just compiling the sources to one
.o/.obj file and call the specific linker afterwards? I'm
primarily thinking of linking stuff to shared objects on linux,
as the -lib flag will already tell dmd to create a static library.

Thanks in advance,
Alex