Overhead when using a C library

Jeremy DeHaan dehaan.jeremiah at gmail.com
Wed Mar 13 17:48:52 PDT 2013

Hey guys!

I am working on a binding for D, and am almost finished! I
started to think of some things I might like to work on to
improve the binding after I get everything working, and one of
the things I thought of was rewriting certain parts to use only D
code instead of making calls to the C functions. Is there any
kind of performance overhead in using C libraries to interact
with your D program? If it isn't going to offer much performance
gain then I probably don't need to bother writing extra code.

Thanks as usual!