rdmd -cov generates bad file names with absolute directories or .. directories in -I flag

timotheecour timothee.cour2 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 18 13:47:17 PDT 2013

rdmd -cov /Users/timothee/test/test_01.d
creates a file "-Users-timothee-test-test_01.lst"

A)
This leading "-" in filename is very unix unfriendly, eg:
mv "-Users-timothee-test-test_01.lst" temp.lst
yields: mv: illegal option --U, etc.

Even worse in the following case:
rdmd --force -cov -I.. ../temp1/test_024.d
generates:
..-temp1-test_01.lst
which is invisible by ls (requires ls -a)
probably similar with ".".

Furthermore, similar problems occur if the user cds to the source
package directory and adds a -I include flag that points to an
absolute or ".." path.

B)
Can the file location be improved?
For example, replacing "-" with "_", and converting paths to use
"buildNormalizedPath" to avoid ".." or "." in filename.

Also, why not add dmd flag : -covd=dirname, in which all lst
files will be generated?