recursive equal, and firstDifference functions

timotheecour timothee.cour2 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 19 10:26:16 PDT 2013

> somewhere else, but I don't see a relevant package. Maybe a new
> std.algorithm2 for non-ranges?
>
> Also, the OT's firstDifference would go there too, and I have a
> recursive (to specified level) toStringRecurse that would
> belong there too.

Also, I'd add to that list copyRecurse and some more, that
operate on arbitrary types, not just ranges, so we have:

equalRecurse
copyRecurse (deep copy)
toStringRecurse
firstDifference (see OT)
toHashRecurse (should compare equal with a data structure
serialized and then deserialized via a serialization function, eg
std.orange)

I'm sure there's more.

that seems a starting point for a new package that operates on
any type recursively (not just ranges), no?
std.deep?std.recurse?
Some of those could have a depth level compile time parameter
that stops recursion at that level, which would be infinity by
default.