recursive equal, and firstDifference functions

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Wed Mar 20 11:14:00 PDT 2013

On Wednesday, March 20, 2013 12:47:38 Dan wrote:
> I would
> imagine by now there is a fair amount of code that might rely on
> a false result from opEquals if the members (slices, associative
> arrays) are not bitwise the same.

I think that it's more likely that there's a lot of code that expects strings
and the like to have their elements checked for equality when they're in a
struct and is therefore buggy at present due to the fact that they aren't.

As for AAs (which I forgot about), I don't remember what they're supposed to
do with ==. They might just do a pointer comparison - or they may do a deeper
comparison; I don't know. But the big problem there is that structs need to
compare each of their members with ==, and that's not working properly at the
moment, so that throws a major wrench in how == works.

- Jonathan M Davis