OpenCL bindings

Mike Parker aldacron at gmail.com
Wed Mar 20 20:37:46 PDT 2013

On Wednesday, 20 March 2013 at 19:54:42 UTC, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
> On 2013-03-20 14:25, Mike Parker wrote:
>
>> Can dstep output function declarations as aliased function
>> pointers in
>> the format I use in Derelict?
>
> BTW, why does it uses aliases and not declare a function
> pointer directly?

Because some time ago DMD started shipping with
'--export-dynamic' in the config file on Linux to (AFAIK)
facilitate generation of exception stack traces. I was using
straight function pointers at the time and, as a result, no one
could use Derelict on Linux because of symbol clashes (e.g. the
function pointer for glClear would clash with the glClear symbol
in the shared lib). Switching to aliased function pointers was
the work around. I will never "get" Linux.