[OT] Information about "Access to site You requested denied by Federal Law"

thedeemon dlang at thedeemon.com
Sat Mar 23 23:33:23 PDT 2013

On Saturday, 23 March 2013 at 12:40:37 UTC, Denis Shelomovskij
wrote:
> I get this message instead of some sites content:
> "Access to site You requested denied by Federal Law"
>
> E.g. see this IT blog by Felipe Contreras:
> http://felipec.wordpress.com/

For those not speaking Russian.
The story is: for the last few months there's been a Russian
analog of Chinese Great Firewall building, it filters some sites,
and recently many sites on wordpress.com got banned just by
coincidence having same IPs as some really banned sites.
Availability of those sites is ISP-dependent, as different ISPs
may implement filtering a bit differently.