Status of AA's?

H. S. Teoh hsteoh at quickfur.ath.cx
Thu Mar 28 13:39:30 PDT 2013

On Thu, Mar 28, 2013 at 08:45:42PM +0100, Rob T wrote:
> I recall some discussion about AA's being buggy and fixing the bugs
> is difficult, and that there may be future changes to how AA's
> operate, for example perhaps moving it to a library solution.
>
> So I am wondering if I should simply avoid using the built-in AA's
> entirely at this time, and instead create my own custom solution, or
> maybe there is a stable AA alternative already available?
[...]

You can also look at my attempted AA replacement:

	https://github.com/quickfur/New-AA-implementation

It's basically a rewrite of the built-in AA's using a template. Some
corner cases aren't handled yet, but the basic functionality is all
there (plus, it fixes a lot of existing bugs with the current built-in
AA's).

The only difference between male factor and malefactor is just a little emptiness inside.