GtkD "No GSettings schemas installed"

Josh moonburntm at gmail.com
Sat Mar 30 07:45:05 PDT 2013

On Saturday, 30 March 2013 at 13:19:03 UTC, Mike Wey wrote:
> On 03/30/2013 05:25 AM, Josh wrote:
>> This is the code causing the problem:
>>
>> class myInputDialog : Dialog
>> this()
>> {
>>     super("Please enter file location...", this,
>> GtkDialogFlags.MODAL |
>> GtkDialogFlags.DESTROY_WITH_PARENT, [StockID.OK],
>> [GtkResponseType.OK]);
>>     with (addButton(StockID.OPEN, GtkResponseType.NONE))
>>     {
>>         setLabel("_Find file");
>>         addOnClicked(&findFile);
>>     }
>>     addButton(StockID.CANCEL, GtkResponseType.CANCEL);
>>     Entry fileLocInput = new Entry();
>> }
>>
>> void findFile(Button but)
>> {
>>     FileChooserDialog fileWindow = new FileChooserDialog("Use
>> File...",
>> this, GtkFileChooserAction.OPEN, ["Open", "Cancel"],
>> [GtkResponseType.ACCEPT, GtkResponseType.CANCEL]);
>>     fileWindow.run();
>>     writeln(fileWindow.getFilename());
>> }
>>
>> It produces the error "GLib-GIO-ERROR **: No GSettings schemas
>> are
>> installed on the system". The command prompt window in the
>> background
>> says "This application has requested the Runtime to terminate
>> it in an
>> unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for
>> more
>> information." and then appears to segfault.
>>
>> Windows 7 x64, DMD v2.060, GTK+ Runtime 3.4.2, GtkD 2.0
>>
>> Anyone know why this is happening? If I comment out the
>> addOnClicked(&findFile) bit, findFile never runs and the
>> problem doesn't
>> happen, except I can't browse for files.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Josh
>
> It looks like the Gtk Runtime wasn't installed properly, you
> could try manualy generating the GSettings schemas by running:
>

> C:\Program Files\Gtk-Runtime\bin\glib-compile-schemas.exe
> C:\Program Files\Gtk-Runtime\share\glib-2.0\schemas\
>
> The schemas directory should contain a bunch of xml files that
> will need to be compiled. The paths may vary depemding on where
> the Gtk runtime was installed.

Thanks Mike. But I already have these files in the schemas
folder. Do I have to still compile them again?

gschemas.compiled
org.gnome.desktop.a11y.applications.gschema.xml
org.gnome.desktop.a11y.keyboard.gschema.xml
org.gnome.desktop.a11y.magnifier.gschema.xml
org.gnome.desktop.a11y.mouse.gschema.xml
org.gnome.desktop.background.gschema.xml
org.gnome.desktop.default-applications.gschema.xml
org.gnome.desktop.enums.xml
org.gnome.desktop.interface.gschema.xml
org.gnome.desktop.lockdown.gschema.xml
org.gnome.desktop.media-handling.gschema.xml
org.gnome.desktop.screensaver.gschema.xml
org.gnome.desktop.session.gschema.xml
org.gnome.desktop.sound.gschema.xml
org.gnome.desktop.thumbnail-cache.gschema.xml
org.gnome.desktop.thumbnailers.gschema.xml
org.gnome.system.proxy.gschema.xml
org.gtk.Demo.gschema.xml
org.gtk.Settings.ColorChooser.gschema.xml
org.gtk.Settings.FileChooser.gschema.xml

Thanks,
Josh