D is totally useless

John Colvin john.loughran.colvin at gmail.com
Wed May 1 15:33:38 PDT 2013

On Wednesday, 1 May 2013 at 21:26:32 UTC, Temtaime wrote:
> Because it's full of a drawing and many other functions. OpenGL
> is part of WinAPI.

Is that strictly speaking true? I didn't think opengl was part of
the windows api (WinAPI) itself.

Anyway, afaik opengl is not provided by c/c++ compilers. Opengl
is just pre-installed on most OSs, along with its c/c++ headers,
meaning it is ready to include/import and link to. It is a
separate library and headers, installed separately from the
compiler.

However, one could make an argument that opengl is sufficiently
ubiquitous that d bindings should be shipped with the compiler,
similar to the core OS bindings.
I personally think not, but if you disagree then I suggest making
a separate thread in the main D newsgroup/forum proposing it.