Deallocate array?

Matic Kukovec matic.kukovec at pametnidom.si
Tue May 7 16:42:11 PDT 2013

On Tuesday, 7 May 2013 at 23:31:41 UTC, Ali Çehreli wrote:
> On 05/07/2013 04:18 PM, Matic Kukovec wrote:
>
> > On Tuesday, 7 May 2013 at 23:14:20 UTC, Ali Çehreli wrote:
> >> GC.minimize() may work.
>
> > Tried it, no changes.
>
> Works for your test program under Linux but as the
> documentation says, it is not guaranteed to have any effect at
> all.
>
> Ali

I found this problem with a program that reads a large xml file
(250000+ lines), then stores the lines in a string[], does a
comparison with another array and finally clears the original
array.
On the second or third file I always get an OutOfMemoryError,
when the Task Manager shows about 1.3GB memory usage.

Is this a Windows specific thing or am I doing something wrong?