Garbage collector question

Namespace rswhite4 at googlemail.com
Wed May 15 23:21:04 PDT 2013

On Thursday, 16 May 2013 at 06:08:30 UTC, gedaiu wrote:
> Does the garbage collector manages the memory from extern(C)
> functions, or we have to delete manualy the objects created in
> those kind of functions?
>
> Thanks,
> Bogdan

You mean something like malloc or any kind of, for example,
derelict functions?
If so: You have to delete manually.

Or did you mean regular functions in D which are denoted with
extern (C)?
If so: extern (C) means only C linkage behaviour.
So as long as you do not use some C functions, like malloc, you
don't have to delete your memory manually in this case.

Otherwise I've misunderstood your question.