cannot have overloaded nested functions?

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Thu May 16 00:35:01 PDT 2013

On Thursday, May 16, 2013 00:28:15 Timothee Cour wrote:
> at the very least (or until it gets fixed) dmd should emit a more friendly
> error message:
> 'cannot overload a function in a nested scope'
> otherwise this is hard to understand.

I don't know what else it would say. It means exactly what it says. It's
telling you exactly what it can't do. Sure, it isn't telling you _why_ it's
illegal, but error messages don't usually say that sort of thing anyway. So,
if you have a good suggestion as to improve the error message, please create
an enhancement request for it, but as far as I can tell, it means exactly what
it says, and I don't know how it could be friendlier.

- Jonathan M Davis