GtkD HelloWorld app crashes with exception

Enjoys Math enjoysmath at gmail.com
Fri May 17 19:52:33 PDT 2013

I'm on Windows 7 64-bit and using DMD2, compiling a regular
32-bit windows app using Visual D "New Project > Windows App" and
replacing winmain.d with the code below:

<code>
module winmain;

private import gtk.MainWindow;
private import gtk.Label;
private import gtk.Main;

class HelloWorld : MainWindow
{
	this()
	{
		super("GtkD");
		setBorderWidth(10);
		add(new Label("Hello World"));

		showAll();

void main(string[] args)

	Main.init(args);
	new HelloWorld();
	Main.run();

}
</code>

I'm using GtkD-2.2.0 from here:
https://code.google.com/p/gtkd-packages/downloads/list

and also the 32-bit runtime from there.

The output when I click "Start Debugging" in Visual D is to
display a stdout window with some text (that I can't read since
it's too fast.  I've tried setting breakpoints to no avail), no
window is ever displayed.  Then in Visual D the output log shows:

<code>
First-chance exception at 0x76c6c41f in WindowsApp1.exe:
0xE0440001: 0xe0440001.
The program '[3848] WindowsApp1.exe: Native' has exited with code
1 (0x1).
</code>

Thank you for any suggestions.